Senior Software Developer
PhotoShelter is growing again, and we're looking for a senior backend engineer to join our team. Our ideal candidate is an experienced developer who has a strong grasp of software design principles and loves to build cool stuff. Most of our backend code is PHP, but critical code is written in C as necessary. It also helps if you're a lover of good barbecue, karaoke, and Internet memes.
Our team has pioneered the most complete system for serious photographers to run their businesses. We offer a set of tools to help them display, market, sell, and distribute their work online. We've been around since 2005, are profitable, and have over 70,000 users--including some of the world's top photographers. But beyond numbers, we're a team of smart people who believe in what we do.
This is an opportunity to join a top-notch engineering team comprised of several veterans with prior successes as well as a Chief Scientist named one of Computerworld's Top 40 Under 40 innovators (and he's still under 40!).Skills needed:
- Design, develop, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications.
- Comfortable with both object oriented and procedural programming methodologies.
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Knowledge of databases: stored procedures, triggers, indexes, table normalization and design.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Sphinx Search, Memcached.
- Experience with network programming, BSD sockets, daemons and distributed systems.
- Experience with image processing libraries (e.g. DCRAW, imagemagick, exiftool, nconvert).
- Experience with high-volume, high-performance websites.
- Passionate about programming and producing high-quality, efficient and scalable code.
- Love of photography
- BS/MS in engineering/computer science and significant work experience.
- Must be able to gather requirements, design, code and test independently as well as work jointly with the team.
- 3+ years of programming in a scalable production environment
- All candidates will be given a programming test to assess skill level
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, performance bonuses and great benefits. This is an equal opportunity position. If your skills match the description above, please email your resume/cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And please, no recruiters!