Linux/Network Operations Engineer
Come join the team that's directly responsible for managing the technical underpinnings (multiple datacenters, petabytes of storage, hundreds of servers, and many gigabits of bandwidth) of PhotoShelter, the worldwide leader in photography portfolio websites and business tools.
Our fast-growing infrastructure needs a Linux expert with good scripting and automation skills. This is a full-stack position, and we're looking for applicants who understand everything from the bare hardware to high-level applications.Requirements:
- 3+ years of Linux/Unix/BSD experience in an Internet environment. You're comfortable building and configuring kernels, fine-tuning storage hardware, diagnosing bottlenecks, etc.
- Ability to write basic scripts in at least one scripting language (Shell, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Strong understanding of common network protocols like HTTP, TCP, DNS, NTP.
- Understanding of PC hardware design and maintenance (e.g. you can build a PC server with your eyes closed)
- Experience with datacenter work - racks, power, space, cooling, wiring.
- Strong knowledge of database admin tasks (PostgreSQL/MySQL) and caching systems like memcached.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. This position will work closely with the development team.
- Photography is a hobby!
- Experience with lower-level programming languages (C, C++).
- Knowledge of Juniper Routers, Cisco, Juniper and Arista Switches.
- BGP, OSPF, ISIS, Load Balancers, Ethernet Switching, VPNs
- Working knowledge of configuration engines like Chef or Puppet (we use Ansible).
- Experience with CDN's. (Building your own is a double bonus)
- BS in CS or equivalent.
This is an opportunity to join a top notch engineering team comprised of several internet veterans with prior successes and a Chief Scientist named one of Computerworld's Top 40 Under 40 (and he's still under 40). We offer competitive salaries, stock options, performance bonuses, and great benefits. If your skills match the description above, please email your resume & cover letter to us at email@example.com. And please, no recruiters!