Web Application Developer
Our team has pioneered the most complete system for serious photographers to run their businesses online. We offer a powerful set of websites and tools that help photographers display, market, sell and distribute their photography online, and we're looking for you to help us shape the next generation product. We've been doing this since 2005 and we're considered one of the photo industry's most exciting brands. We're VC funded and we're profitable. Over 70,000 photographers worldwide use our system - including some of the top photographers in the world. But beyond the numbers, we're a team of smart people who really like coming to work because we believe in what we're doing... and our beautiful loft overlooking Union Square is certainly a nice place to spend the day too.
This is an opportunity to join a top notch engineering team comprised of several internet veterans with prior successes and a Chief Scientist named one of Computerworld's top 40 under 40 (and he's still under 40). It is a HARDCORE PROGRAMMING position, not an HTML scripting or design position.Skills needed:
- Mastery of front-end web technologies:
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- cross browser compatibility, including mobile browsers (e.g. iOS)
- jQuery or similar frameworks
- Strong understanding of programming concepts such as OOP, memory management, data types, control flow and abstraction.
- Knowledge of server-side technologies (PHP, Apache, SQL, Memcached).
- Comfort working in a UNIX-based environment (e.g. Linux)
- Expertise with Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools (e.g. sitemaps) a big plus.
- At least 2 years experience developing advanced web applications in a scalable production enviroment.
- Familiarity integrating custom web apps with third party web services and APIs.
- Ability to gather requirements and design, code and test independently.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team-oriented environment.
- BS in engineering/science highly desirable.
- All candidates will be given a programming test to assess skill level.
- Love of photography a plus.
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, performance bonuses and great benefits. Only if your skills match the description above, please email your resume/cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And please, no recruiters!