Business Development Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to forge and grow strategic relationships across the photo/tech industry. Your work will focus on fostering a pipeline of partners and prospective clients who can benefit from PhotoShelter’s cloud-based image storage and digital asset management products. For nearly a decade we’ve served professional photographers and organizations with powerful tools to manage, archive, display and sell their photos -- you’ll have a critical role in helping grow the existing business and drive strategic opportunities in new areas as well.
You’ll work closely with the Company’s CEO and Director of Marketing to:
- Establish and manage a pipeline of relationships - making use of a) your prior strong contact network, and b) our team’s contacts and experience as a tech player in the photo industry.
- Conduct outreach and presentations to complementary tech companies who can innovatively apply the PhotoShelter API or our unique, photo-specific cloud storage service.
- Conduct outreach and presentations to universities, sports teams, and other key enterprises who are serious about photo management.
- Develop proposals and contracts for new clients and partners.
- Close deals like nobody’s business that drive revenue and have a significant impact on the Company’s growth trajectory.
You’ll have the support of our marketing team for collateral materials and other communications necessary to drive leads and generate demand.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of business development or sales experience at a tech company
- Exemplary strategic thinking - your mind is always churning on potential opportunities
- Strong and professional communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills - must be able to establish priorities and execute with very little guidance
- Comfort working directly with cross functional teams - engineers, marketers, product development, etc.
- Tons of energy and tenacity
We offer the usual good stuff:
- A competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
And the added perks:
- An awesome office location (hello, Union Square)
- A wealth of in-house photography knowledge from corner to corner
- Team dinners and events. Our office is full of foodies. We tend to overindulge.
- Home-brewed beer by our BrewShelter team.
- Exposure to amazing photography, photographers, and trends in the industry
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be willing to work in our New York City office.