UI / UX Designer
PhotoShelter, the industry-leading platform for photography websites and business tools, is building a brand new image discovery and curation experience designed to better connect people with our system’s 170 million+ (and counting) images. We have big ideas about the future of photography and its relationship with the social web, and we’re seeking an energetic and experienced UI/UX pro to help us evolve and build out this vision.
You will own visual and UI design on a small, tightly-knit team of top-notch developers and product/UX people. As the project is in its nascent stages, you’ll play a crucial role in helping establish the brand identity, interactions, and overall direction of new product. We brainstorm freely, prototype and build quickly, and iterate rapidly. We’re explorers, and it’s fun. Come join us!
We are open to either a contract-to-hire or full-time hire, depending on the circumstances and the individual.
- Advanced knowledge of visual, interactive and information design principles
- An intuition for honing in on true user needs + the ability to craft workflows that serve them
- Mad Photoshop skills + the ability to translate wireframes into effective visual designs
- Proficiency in responsive web design
- Familiarity with HTML5/CSS3
- Active participation in the design community + familiarity with the current design zeitgeist
- Photography as a hobby or skill (though love of photography is required!)
- Past work with heavily image-oriented products/designs
- Experience working jointly with developers + product managers to evolve designs
- Formal UI or UX design training
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, medical benefits (incl/ dental/vision), 401k plan, + stock options
- Generous vacation + paid time off policy
- Union Square location -- right on the square -- cannot be beat
- In-house beer brewing, bowling, knitting, + calligraphy groups (and more!)
- So. Many. Cookies.
- PhotoShelter is quite simply an awesome place to work. We genuinely get along, we’re smart, and we’re committed to the same vision while challenging one another to grow.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be willing to work in our New York City office.