What Types of Personal Information is Collected at PHOTOSHELTER.COM?
We collect and maintain personal information on our Site including:
- Membership Registration Information. We collect the information you supply when you become a Member of the Site, including your name, address, phone, fax or e-mail address, and the password you select. This information may be edited at any time, by logging into your member page.
- Preferences and Suggestions. We collect information and suggestions that you give to us, including information about your preferences.
- Publicly Posted Information. We collect information you post on the Site, and which is accessible by anyone with Internet access.
- Internet Protocol Address. We also collect and store the Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses of individuals that visit our site. An IP address provides general statistical information, such as browsing activity, areas of greatest interest on the site, general demographic information and other basic information that we will use for system administration. We use such information to make our sites more interesting and useful to you. This includes helping advertisers on our site design advertisements our users might like. We normally do not combine this type of information with personally identifiable information such as membership registration information. However, we will combine this information with personally identifiable information to identify a visitor in order to enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions or to protect our Site, services, Members and other users, or others.
- 5. Financial Information. If you become a Content Provider with the Site or purchase certain services through the Site, you are required to provide financial information in the form of a valid credit card number and billing address.
How Does PHOTOSHELTER.COM Use My Personal Information?
We also use non-personally identifying information to improve the design and content of our site. We may also use this information to analyze site usage.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it remains relevant or as otherwise required by law. We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law or where reasonably necessary to protect our rights or a third party's rights, for example, in response to a court order, a subpoena, a request by a law enforcement agency or to respond to claims that any content violates the right of third parties.
Your contact information will be made available to the photographer who controls an image when you 1) add the image to a "lightbox", 2) download the image either as a "comp" (aka "composite") or a high-resolution file, 3) add the image to a shopping cart for future purchase, or 4) purchase/license the image.
Does PHOTOSHELTER.COM Give Personal Information to Third Parties?
We will only share your personal information with those who provide services to the Site. Those persons do not have any right to use your personal information beyond what is necessary to assist us. We will not sell your personal information to any third party. We may use a third party credit card payment processing company to bill you for services.
What Happens if I Disclose My Personal Information in Public Areas on the Site?
We have no control over and cannot protect personal information that users disclose in public areas such as a photographer's or agency profile. If you disclose your personal information in public areas, it may be collected and used by third parties, without our or your knowledge.
Is My Personal Information Secure if I Link to Other Web Sites?
How Does PHOTOSHELTER.COM Protect My Personal Information?
All personal information is stored in our database. Access to personal information is limited to those individuals who are authorized to use such information for business and administrative purposes.
There are some things that you can do to help protect the security of your information as well. For instance, never give out your Password, since this is what is used to access all of your account information. Also remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you finish surfing the Internet, so that other people using the same computer won't have access to your information.
Can I update or Change the Personal Information that PHOTOSHELTER.COM has Collected?
Members can access, review, and edit their membership registration information at any time by logging into their member page.
We invite you to contact us with any questions or comments regarding your personal information. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your privacy.