PhotoShelter press room
PhotoShelter transforms the way image makers and businesses communicate their stories and manage their visual assets online. With over 80,000 professional photographers and over 500 brands hosting 400 million files, we accomplish this through two solutions: PhotoShelter for photographers and Photoshelter for Brands.
In 2005, we were pioneers in launching the first cloud-based product for individual photographers to showcase, archive and sell their work. It offers beautiful websites, secure storage, plus over 100 professional-grade features to help photographers take their businesses to the next level. Our latest product, Photoshelter for Brands, is a centralized asset management platform that helps businesses quickly, easily and affordably harness the power of their visual content -- anytime, anywhere. Photoshelter for Brands is used by top brands, universities, and sports teams including: Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Ravens, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Georgetown University, Arizona Cardinals and the Associated Press.
Where we’ve been seen:
PhotoShelter’s cloud-based image management solutions provide the world’s professional photographers, leading brands and businesses with a centralized, secure place to host, manage, and leverage their digital assets to engage with their audiences.
- Founded: 2005 in New York City
- Founders: Allen Murabayashi, Grover Sanschagrin, Thom Chin, Jeffrey Arnold
- Funding: $4 million Series A in 2007 from General Catalyst Partners
- Product Suite: Websites and tools for professional photographers; Image asset management solutions for enterprise
- Employees: 55 full-time
- User base: 80,000 photographers from 90 countries; 500 leading brand, sports teams and universities
- Awards: Named by Internet Week as Top Place to Work and Happiest Employees in NYC Tech
We’d love to help you
We often speak and serve as experts on the following topics:
- Photography portfolio websites
- Image management workflow
- Marketing & promoting a photography business
- Selling photography & photo services
- Delivering photography to clients online
- Search engine optimization
- Social media marketing
- Photography trends
Have questions? Get in touch directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.