PhotoShelter is the leader in photography portfolio websites, photo sales, marketing and archiving tools for photographers. We’re seeking a Web Application Developer to become an integral part of our team.
We offer a modern development ecosystem (Git, Node, Polymer/Web Components, Travis CI, WebdriverIO/Selenium), and leverage it to offer the best technology to our customers. We are a team of talented engineers, with a friendly work environment on Union Square, and a commitment to professional development. We’d like you to join us in building innovative, high-quality products.
The Automation Engineer will report to the Director of Test Engineering and will join a team of 3 testers. The ideal candidate will have worked in a b2c internet or media company which is used to frequent releases per sprint. Experience with JIRA or a similar ticketing system before and is used to documenting test cases based on new or existing use cases. The ability to transforming test cases into automated tests capable of running in multiple browsers is desired.
We organize our work using scrum principles and we divide the work amongst teams that comprise of 3 Developers and 2 QA Engineers.
We do not expect you to have experience with everything on this list, you should have experience with some of them and a willingness to learn others.
- Travis Ci
- Agile Methodologies
The Must Haves
- 1-2 years of relevant QA Automation experience
- Experience implementing test automation frameworks
- Ability to take acceptance criteria and turn them into functioning automated tests
- A strong desire to break things using negative testing scenarios
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowing when not to automate something
Nice To have
Experience or knowledge of any of the following are considered nice to have.
- Using or managing Testlink
- Load & Performance testing
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Experience with Linux
- Scripting languages: Python, Perl, bash etc
- Working with Polymer (Web Components)
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Must be willing to work in our Union Square office in New York City — no exceptions.
PhotoShelter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.