PhotoShelter is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Developer Intern this semester to help grow Libris, a unique SaaS solution that helps the world’s brands communicate visually. Our simple and powerful visual asset management platform enables organizations to easily and quickly centralize, organize and access their images and video. With 12 years in the cloud and over 500 million assets managed, PhotoShelter is trusted by hundreds of top universities, pro sports teams, consumer brands, government agencies, media publications and many other organizations of all sizes, in addition to over 80,000 professional photographers shooting for enterprise commercial and editorial clients.
We offer a modern development ecosystem (Git, Node, Polymer/Web Components, PHP7), and leverage it to offer the best technology to our customers. We are a team of talented engineers, with a friendly work environment on Union Square, and a commitment to professional development. We’d like you to join us in building innovative, high-quality products. The Developer Internship is a paid opportunity and has the objective to support our team by researching code deployment techniques, developing scripts, and testing production code.
Why Work for PhotoShelter
- Inspired Environment. Inc. Magazine named PhotoShelter one of the fastest growing companies in the US and we’ve been awarded one of the Best Places To Work in NYC by InternetWeek with special recognition for our employee happiness scores.
- Visual Media. Exposure to amazing photographers and videographers and new trends in the industry.
- Impact. You’ll have direct responsibility for growing an important new business unit.
- Location. Beautiful views of Union Square and the farmer’s market steps from our door.
- Brews. We brew our own beer (dubbed BrewShelter) as well as cold brew coffee.
- Food. Lots of it. Always. Usually in combination with photo slideshows and team events.
- Activities. Join the team in regular outings such as karaoke, bowling, movies and more.
- Learn about test driven development techniques and apply those techniques to code that is missing test coverage under the guidance of a senior engineer
- Work with developers to implement back-end services, APIs, and internal tools
- Work with developers to implement a rich dynamic front-end features
- Be willing to learn, experiment, fail, and try again.
- Participate in code reviews
- Strong academic record
- Good working knowledge of Git
- Good working knowledge of unix based systems
- Completing or working towards a BD, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to pitch in and work as a team player
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Must be willing to work in our Union Square office in New York City — no exceptions.
PhotoShelter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.