Director of Client Services
PhotoShelter is looking for an experienced and passionate Director of Client Services to drive success for both our Libris and PhotoShelter clients. Across our platform of SaaS products, we help the people and organizations that tell visual stories organize, display, deliver and share their highest quality work. With 13 years in the cloud, over half a billion photo, video and other creative digital assets under management, we are trusted by hundreds of top universities, pro sports teams, consumer brands, government agencies, media publications and many other organizations, in addition to over 80,000 of the world’s top professional photographers.
The Director of Client Services will report directly to the VP of Revenue and is responsible for managing a growing team of 8+ Client Services Associates providing client support and success that goes above and beyond traditional expectations. In carrying out this mission, your team will play a key role in growing our company. Your goals are to define the client journey, drive true value to improve client retention and grow account revenue, while ensuring the team is being most efficient and effective doing their jobs. Your targets are to increase the gross dollar renewal rate, negative churn and satisfaction metrics (e.g. net promoter score). Ultimately we want to ensure that all of our clients love both the products and support we offer them, and feel comfortable relying on our tools (and our team) to successfully manage their media libraries. Our Company has a strong reputation for a customer-centric approach -- your primary job is to be the executive team’s advocate for our clients, and ensure we continue to put their needs first.
Why Work for PhotoShelter:
- Inspired Environment. Inc. Magazine named PhotoShelter one of the fastest growing companies in the US and we’ve been awarded one of the Best Places To Work in NYC by InternetWeek with special recognition for our employee happiness scores.
- Visual Media. Exposure to amazing photographers and videographers and new trends in the industry.
- Impact. You’ll have direct responsibility for growing an important new business unit.
- Location. Beautiful views of Union Square and the farmer’s market steps from our door.
- Brews. We brew our own beer (dubbed BrewShelter) as well as cold brew coffee.
- Food. Lots of it. Always. Usually in combination with visual media and team events.
- Benefits. We offer the usual good stuff. Competitive annual salary, monthly commission, 401(k) with company match, insurance coverage (health, dental and vision, life), generous vacation time and commuter benefits.
- Deeply understand the Libris and PhotoShelter product, how it works, and the multitude of ways our clients use our SaaS products
- Define, segment and optimize the client journey from signup to renewal, implementing lifecycle playbooks for proactive client engagement
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate the value (ROI) we deliver to our clients through interactions with your team and beyond
- Support and manage high value clients and escalations from your team
- Be responsible for and increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Collaborate with other departments including Product, Sales and Marketing to ensure we’re customer-driven and hitting our company targets, including customer advocacy and regular communication of client feedback and trends
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Promote adoption of key tools and processes including Salesforce, Gainsight, Zendesk and Jira
- Recruit, structure, mentor, groom and inspire a world-class client services team and achieve operational excellence
- You have at least five years experience in leading a client facing team.
- You understand “visual media” and the workflows of creative and communication teams (experience in the industry a plus).
- You are able to manage and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building across your team and among peers throughout the organization.
- You have a strong empathy for clients AND passion for revenue and growth.
- You command a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- You have an analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- You can demonstrate a desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- You are familiar with CS software tools (Salesforce, Gainsight, Zendesk, Jira or similar software).
- You are able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, small company environment.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be willing to work in our New York City office.
PhotoShelter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.