Director of Talent and People Operations
At PhotoShelter, we are fundamentally changing how media is handled by independent creators and world class brands. We’re in growth mode, and we need an enthusiastic HR leader to join our team and help drive us to new levels of excellence. The Director of Talent and People Ops will own all aspects of HR, Recruiting, Culture, and Employee Happiness. Reporting to the CFO, this role will play an integral role in the growth of our business. You’ll ensure we build and maintain a culture that emphasizes our core values, attract amazing talent, create programs to keep our teammates learning, and guide our entire organization to achieve professional growth and success.
What You’ll Be Doing
As Head of Talent and People Operations, you will:
- Work with the leadership team to identify overall talent agenda / people strategy for 2019 and beyond
- Manage the recruitment, selection, and new employee onboarding processes
- Oversee performance management and talent review processes
- Partner with the CFO on employee compensation matters
- Drive widespread adoption of our Core Values
- Review and revise employee processes / ensure legal compliance of employee law in partnership with our PEO
- Lead the employee survey and action planning processes
- Support organization design needs
- Plan employee engagement initiatives
- Assess training and development needs/manage development programming
- Coach employees and management
- Advise leadership on talent concerns and issues
- Support CFO with benefits administration
What You Bring To The Table
- Minimum of 8+ years of talent and people operations experience in high growth environments
- Experience implementing company-wide Talent Management programs and processes
- Strong recruiting background, with experience building high performing and diverse teams across all areas of the business. Knowledgeable of current trends and innovative approaches to sourcing talent in a highly competitive market
- Understanding of compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and training/development
- Empathy, unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues; competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Passion and ability to work in a fast paced, startup and team environment
- Superior people, influencing and facilitation skills
PhotoShelter supports the people and organizations who create and share visual stories — the people who inspire us to see the world a little differently every day. Our platform offers two key products:
- Libris, a powerful tool that helps over 1,000 marquee brands centralize, organize, and share their photo and video assets
- PhotoShelter, which empowers over 80,000 pro photographers to archive, display, share, and sell their images
We are a venture capital backed company with over 70 employees, primarily located in our New York City headquarters, and anticipate 35% staff growth in 2019. Our most recent annual employee survey said 95% of our team members are “proud to work for PhotoShelter” – we all care deeply about our mission. We aim to hire tenacious individuals who strive to be “participants”, not “observers” as we build this company together.
Please submit a cover letter listing the position you are applying for and your resume to email@example.com. Must be willing to work in our New York City office.
PhotoShelter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.