Director of Marketing
PhotoShelter, the worldwide leader in portfolio websites, sales, collaboration and archiving tools for professional photographers, and the maker of Libris, the leading platform for visual asset management for brands, is looking for a dynamic Director of Marketing. This person will manage a team of six super smart, creative marketing professionals, focused on the growth and success of our pro photographer business. S/he will guide the team to attract new subscribers and engage our user base to maximize their use of the product. For a marketer with a love of visual media and a knack for building and nurturing audiences, this is a huge opportunity to mix creativity and analytical skills, to drive fresh new marketing programs that deliver a measurable impact on revenue. This position reports directly to the CEO.
PhotoShelter has a strong reputation in the pro photo industry and a deep respect for both technology and marketing. We’ve been serving photographers for over 12 years -- not only with tools that help operate their businesses, but also with thought leadership, content, and community involvement that has helped drive the industry forward. Our team is nimble and our culture is special – recognized by InternetWeek as one of the best companies to work for in NYC tech.
The successful candidate has skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment and can lead a group of passionate people who are also dedicated to growing the company to reach new milestones.
- 8+ years of consumer digital marketing experience
- Demonstrated track record of revenue growth in prior marketing roles with emerging companies
- Adept at using content in creative ways to generate excitement among target audiences
- Experience developing both marketing strategy and tactics for subscription-based software/services
- Superb leadership skills and experience managing marketing teams
- Experience applying analytical approaches to marketing innovation and optimization
- Knowledge of the full marketing funnel, from branding and acquisition to engagement and retention
- Strong experience with marketing automation, analytics platforms and A/B testing services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an independent self-starter with a sense of urgency, proven results orientation, initiative and an affinity for producing consistently high-quality work
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Love of visual media -- photo and video -- is absolutely necessary
- Be a creative AND analytical force behind new, big win marketing initiatives and innovative new revenue drivers to grow the company
- Define team goals, set/manage team budget and report results company-wide
- Lead positioning and messaging efforts for the product and target audiences
- Supervise and drive new initiatives including:
- content marketing and brand awareness efforts, focused on community building, social media and lead generation
- customer acquisition efforts including PPC, SEO, CRO, email marketing, affiliate marketing, and partnerships
- customer engagement, from paid conversion to upgrades and retention, using email, in-product communication, and other tools
- customer data capabilities and analysis, both quantitative and qualitative
- Be the company’s brand steward. Ensure all marketing communications are on-brand from both a visual and voice perspective. Evolve the brand, as-needed, to better target new customer segments and differentiate PhotoShelter in the competitive landscape.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to drive marketing efforts that require product and tech capability enhancements
- Actively participate as a member of the company’s management team, helping drive larger strategy and initiatives company-wide
- Strong visual aesthetic, with knowledge of how both online and print design are evolving
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please submit a resume and cover letter. Must be willing to work in our downtown New York City office - no exceptions.
PhotoShelter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.