Photo Editor Intern
PhotoShelter is seeking an individual passionate about photography and connecting with world-class photographers. We're looking for a photo editor intern who can help us source and license photos from our member base of professional photographers. The ideal candidate should be able to research photographers, select on-brand images from a variety of genres, and negotiate with photographers to license their photography. We're looking for someone ready to dig into an enormous volume of photography and find the very best imagery.
Based in Union Square, PhotoShelter pioneered cloud technology for the professional photography community and is the worldwide leader in portfolio websites and online tools for professional photographers.
You’ll get to work with like-minded, creative individuals who are passionate about problem solving, research, marketing, and of course photography. You must be a self-starter who can take initiative on projects and enjoys collaborating closely with graphic designers and marketers. This role will report to an art director and have the opportunity to help shape the look and feel of our marketing efforts through thoughtful photography.
- Discover and research photography from our member base of over 80,000 photographers
- Negotiate with photographers to license photography
- Curate selections of editorial and commercial photography that work within our brand guidelines for style, subject, technique, etc
- Work closely with the marketing team to understand their photography needs for marketing campaigns and design assets
- Source photos with specific requirements of negative space, contrast and composition
- Current student or recent graduate
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Strong research and organizational skills
- An eye for curating photography
- Excellent communication skills
- A love of photography is a must have
We're looking for a college student or recent grad to work with us a few days a week. We will not accept remote-inquires even if you have a great smile. The position is paid and we offer $10 per hour.
Is your idea of heaven looking at beautiful photography all day? Email your cover letter and resume and a portfolio or personal website if you have one to email@example.com.
PhotoShelter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.