Senior Software Engineer
PhotoShelter, the leader in photography portfolio websites, photo sales, marketing and archiving tools for photographers, is seeking an experienced PHP Software Engineer.
- Design, develop, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications.
- Strong knowledge of PHP, Linux, and SQL
- Strong knowledge of databases: stored procedures, triggers, indexes, table normalization and design.
- Comfortable with both object oriented and procedural programming methodologies.
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
- Experience with lower-level programming languages (e.g. C, C++).
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Sphinx Search, Memcached.
- Experience with network programming, BSD sockets, daemons and distributed systems.
- Experience with image processing (e.g. DCRAW, imagemagick, exiftool, nconvert).
- Experience with video processing (e.g. ffmpeg).
- Experience with high-volume, high-performance websites.
- Passionate about programming and producing high-quality, efficient and scalable code.
- Love of photography
- BS/MS in engineering/computer science and significant work experience.
- Must be able to gather requirements, design, code and test independently as well as work jointly with the team.
- 3+ years of programming in a scalable production environment
- All candidates will be given a programming test to assess skill level
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be willing to work in our New York City office.