Social Media Lead
Do you have a passion for photography and visual storytelling? Do you thrive on building meaningful social connections, forging community and driving audience engagement? Are you looking for a high-impact position at an innovative, technology-lead creative media company? If so, then we have an incredible new role for you at PhotoShelter!
What You’ll Be Doing:
As Social Media Lead, you will:
- Generate original and innovative content for social channels for our two products PhotoShelter and Libris by PhotoShelter.
- Be the social champion charged with promoting the work of thousands of the world’s top photographers, as well as marquee brands including professional sports teams and leagues, top colleges and universities, leading non-profits and Fortune 500 companies.
- Act as a brand storyteller across all social channels – you’ll creatively craft and adapt messaging for each medium.
- Monitor trends, consumer insights, industry analytics and employ these to build a vibrant dialogue with our growing social community.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and master our brand voice across channels to build a community of social media influencers and champions.
- Work with our cross-functional teams to build social media plans to support business initiatives.
- Develop social media strategies to support content marketing initiatives, event promotion and socializing our evergreen content.
- Measure, analyze and report on social channel performance and implement new tactics to optimize engagement and grow our influence across social channels.
What Will Set You Up for Success:
You have a strong understanding of the creative process and mindset, including photography, design, and branding. You can use your unique voice to communicate authentically and consistently with key audiences. You have experience developing and following a content calendar and using social content publishing tools. You have owned social media handles for a brand or brands, and you’re passionate about using social media for storytelling. You are creative, curious and energetic. You write quickly and cleanly. Stray typo or missing commas don’t get past you. Your time management skills are strong, and you take pride in your attention to detail. You have a point of view on comment moderation and know how to engage with followers on social media. You understand creators, the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
- Develop a consistent publishing schedule and strategy and executing social postings on multiple social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
- Utilize Google Analytics and social analytics tools to provide reporting, uncover insights and make data-driven decisions.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Content teams on audience development projects across a variety of distribution channels including social, blogs, newsletters and email efforts.
- Being an active participant in conversations on social media, whether that's responding to tweets and comments, joining conversations around events (especially those we're sponsoring), or following/contributing to relevant hashtags.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field, preferred. Minimum of 3 years of professional experience working directly on social media marketing, with demonstrated examples of growth in community engagement. Excellent analytical skills to marry the quantitative with the qualitative. You have proven experience using data to glean insights about the success of your work on social and have adapted your approach based on those insights.
Please submit a cover letter listing the position you are applying for and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be willing to work in our New York City office.