We’re looking for a motivated mid to senior level UX/UI Designer to join our growing creative team and help us move our look and functionality forward, setting a standard of quality, usability and visual excellence.
Design at PhotoShelter is focused on improving the experience and general quality of life for our users across both the PhotoShelter and Libris products. We take a hands-on approach by getting to know our users’ workflows in and out of our product which helps us not only determine how we can help them to succeed, but builds a rapport that lets our clients know that we are a partner instead of just a service.
PhotoShelter is an 11-year old, NYC based pioneer in cloud-based products that serve the professional end of the photo/video space. Across our platform of SaaS products, we manage over 600 million photo and video assets, for 80,000 pro photographers and hundreds of top universities, pro sports teams, consumer brands, government agencies, media publications and many other organizations of all sizes. Libris was launched in January 2015 and the early growth has been very exciting to our 55-person team. InternetWeek calls us one of the best places to work in NYC tech.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be an advocate for the user, always assuring the product has their best interest at heart
- Combine business and user requirements into simple flows and design responsive interfaces that are visually appealing and functional across mobile, desktop and native mobile apps
- Provide all wireframes, prototypes, flows, visual design, and any other production assets
- Ensure product design consistency
- Help promote UX best practices and contribute to the design style guide
- Work directly with engineers in a collaborative and iterative manner
- Design QA features before release
- Conduct user testing sessions, synthesize the data and share it with the company
- Continuously iterate based on user feedback and analysis
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience in UX or UI design, visual design, product design, or equivalent experience
- BS/MS in visual design, human-computer interaction, industrial design, or related field
- Strong portfolio demonstrating visual and interaction design
- Detail-oriented work style and ability to think critically to provide simple and creative solutions to complex problems while accounting for technical and/or business constraints
- Team player mindset, with an openness to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Highly motivated self-starter who stays on top of the latest design standards, interactions, patterns, and technologies
- Advanced abilities in XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and other visual design, wireframing and interactive prototyping tools
The ideal candidate would also possess:
- Experience working on B2B platforms
- Depth of understanding of typographic principles and implementation
- Hands-on experience designing native and browser-based mobile applications
- Pragmatic and flexible approach to user testing without injecting bias
- Ability to write clear and concise copy in short or long form
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be willing to work in our New York City office.
PhotoShelter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.