VP of Finance
PhotoShelter, a leader in digital asset management software solutions, is looking for a dynamic and experienced VP of Finance to support the next phase of the company’s growth as a member of our executive management team. This role reports directly to the company’s CEO.
What we do:
With over a decade of experience pioneering cloud technology for media, we offer two primary subscription-based products:
- Our product Libris helps large organizations centralize, safeguard and make accessible their critical media files to support more nimble marketing and storytelling.
- Our product PhotoShelter is an end-to-end business solution for pro photographers, enabling our users to display, archive, deliver and sell their work.
We are a venture capital-backed company with over 60 employees, primarily located in our New York City headquarters.
Who we’re seeking:
The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, debt and equity financing, oversee budget management functions and ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. As a member of the company’s executive team, the successful candidate will also actively collaborate with leadership to influence the company’s growth strategy and planning.
- Direct and coordinate departmental financial planning and budget management functions
- Devise and track benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget; communicate results to management team and board of directors
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting department
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts for leadership, board, investors, and company-wide meetings
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment and pricing decisions
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal tax and accounting regulations
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Design, establish, and maintain Finance department organizational structure to effectively accomplish goals and objectives
- Lead employee compensation planning including payroll management, bonus and commission structure
- Manage the company’s capitalization table
- Represent the company externally to financial institutions, government agencies, and auditors
- Manage the company’s relationships with third party vendors, including insurance agencies and the company’s PEO (professional employer organization) through which benefits, payroll and HR administration is outsourced
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff, which currently includes one Controller
- Work with the engineering team to ensure data reporting needs are communicated and delivered in a manner that facilitates timely accounting and financial analysis
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
- Eight (8) to Ten (10) years experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position, and a CPA (preferred)
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Prior work experience with subscription based business models, ideally SaaS platforms and familiarity with common KPIs in this space, including management of cost-of-acquisition and lifetime value metrics
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Collaborative approach to cross functional work due to the need to maintain positive and productive working relationships with each of our company’s department heads
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Prior experience in growth oriented, venture backed company preferred
- Prior experience with capital raising and M&A preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be willing to work in our Union Square office in New York City — no exceptions.
PhotoShelter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.