VP of Marketing
PhotoShelter, the simplest and fastest digital asset management platform built for visual media, is looking for a dynamic and experienced VP of Marketing to drive the next phase of the company’s growth across all its products. This role reports directly to the company’s CEO and serves on the executive management team.
What we do:
We offer two cloud-based, subscription-based products, :
- PhotoShelter is an end-to-end business solution for pro photographers, enabling our users to display, archive, deliver and sell their work. We work with 80,000 of the world’s most talented, professional photographers.
- Libris is an enterprise grade Digital Asset Management system that enables large organizations to create media libraries to centralize, safeguard and make accessible their critical media assets, to support more nimble marketing and storytelling. Launched two years ago, our client base is now comprised of over 700 respected brands across travel, retail, sports, university and government organizations and growing quickly.
We are a venture capital backed company with over 60 employees, primarily located in our New York City headquarters.
Who we’re seeking:
We’re looking for a marketing leader to amp up the Company’s overall marketing efforts, managing a team of 10+ experienced marketers and designers, with a mandate to drive revenue growth across both products. As a member of the company’s executive team, the VP Marketing will also actively collaborate with leadership to influence the company’s strategy and planning.
The VP of Marketing will guide the team to attract new users and engage the base to maximize retention and usage of the product. For a marketer with a love of visual media and a knack for engaging audiences, this is a huge opportunity to mix creativity and analytical skills, to drive fresh new marketing programs that deliver a measurable impact on revenue. PhotoShelter has a strong reputation in the visual media space and a deep respect for both technology and marketing. Across each of the audiences we serve, both the professional creators and brands, we are proud to provide not simply tools that help operate their businesses, but also thought leadership and community involvement that educates and inspires. Our team is nimble and our culture is special — recognized by InternetWeek as one of the best companies to work for in NYC tech.
The successful candidate thrives in a fast paced environment and working with a group of passionate people who are also dedicated to growing the company to reach the next level.
- 8+ years of digital marketing experience for emerging companies, ideally B2B experience
- Demonstrated track record of revenue growth in prior marketing roles
- Adept at using content in creative ways to generate excitement among target audiences
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and tactics for subscription-based software/services
- Superb leadership skills and experience managing and inspiring marketing teams
- High degree of comfort with analytical approaches to marketing innovation and optimization
- Knowledge of the full marketing funnel, from branding and acquisition to engagement and retention
- Strong experience with marketing automation, analytics platforms and A/B testingservices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an independent self-starter with a sense of urgency, proven results orientation, initiative and an affinity for producing consistently high-quality work
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Love of visual media — photo and video — is absolutely necessary
- Be a creative AND analytical force behind new, big win marketing initiatives and innovative new revenue drivers to grow the company
- Define team goals, set/manage team budget and report results company-wide
- Lead positioning and messaging efforts for the product and target audiences
- Supervise and drive new concepts behind:
- content marketing and brand awareness efforts, focused on community building, social media and lead generation.
- customer acquisition efforts including PPC, SEO, CRO, affiliate marketing, and partnerships
- customer engagement, from paid conversion to upgrades and retention, using email, in-product communication, and other tools
- customer data capabilities and analysis, both quantitative and qualitative
- Be the company’s brand steward. Ensure all marketing communications are on-brand from both a visual and voice perspective. Evolve the brand, as-needed, to better target new customer segments and differentiate PhotoShelter in the competitive landscape.
- Partner with product and engineering to drive marketing efforts that require product and tech capability enhancements
- Actively participate as a member of the company’s management team, helping drive larger strategy and initiatives company-wide
- Strong visual aesthetic with knowledge of what’s happening in both online and print design.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Must be willing to work in our Union Square office in New York City — no exceptions.
PhotoShelter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.