Web Application Developer
PhotoShelter is a leader in photography portfolio websites, photo sales, marketing and archiving tools for photographers. We’re seeking a Web Application Developer to become an integral part of our team.
We offer a modern development ecosystem (Git, Node, Polymer/Web Components), and leverage it to offer the best technology to our customers. We are a team of talented engineers, with a relaxed, friendly work environment on Union Square, and a commitment to professional development. We’d like you to join us in building innovative, high-quality products.
- Experience writing single page apps.
- cross browser compatibility, including mobile browsers (e.g. iOS)
- Ability to gather requirements and design, code and test independently.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong understanding of programming concepts such as OOP, memory management, data types, control flow and abstraction.
- Knowledge of server-side technologies (PHP, Apache, PostgreSQL, Memcached).
- Comfort working in a UNIX-based environment (e.g. Linux)
- Love of photography a plus.
- At least 3 years experience developing advanced web applications in a scalable production enviroment.
- BS in engineering/science highly desirable.
- All candidates will be given a programming test to assess skill level.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be willing to work in our New York City office.